Friday 29 September 2017

Whoops! It’s Morning Again! - Douye Ikhumi










Whoops! It’s Morning Again!

You roll over in bed and then slowly open your eyes and see the familiar surroundings. You close your eyes briefly and then in a flash you open them, jump out of bed and start the cycle of life again. You think to yourself, whoops it’s morning again and then your thoughts are flooded with the numerous things you need to do.

What happened to you this morning? Did you wake up with a smile on your face or did you wake up with dread, trepidation and fear in your heart? Yes, you did pray to see today yet you are tired of the questions without answers and the prayers still on speed dial. Have you ever wondered what happens when you sleep? How often have you looked forward to the morning?

I can think of one of such mornings, I was going to be married in the morning and really felt like the morning should come much faster. However, I do remember some days when I had examinations to write in the morning and then growled at the break of dawn as if it was the worst thing that could ever happen. I needed at least another twenty-four hours to prepare and certainly did not need the morning; at least not yet.

The morning brings with it all sorts of joy and then sadness. We hardly know what to expect and so like excited children we go into our days with optimism and then sometimes with pessimism. Will God finally answer my prayers? Will I get the job, a raise, a pat on the back for all my hard work? What are the questions that rolled through your mind this morning? Did you wake up with a lot of enthusiasm feeling great about the morning or did you just wake up with a frown and growl at the whole world for disturbing your pretty little dream?

I must confess that I have had a mixture of different kinds of mornings. Some have been simply fantastic and then others have been just a bore. I sometimes wonder how I got through certain mornings when I thought life was just a bitter pill. However, looking back I know that God held my stubborn little hand through those mornings that I could have gladly skipped. Yes, he saw the break of dawn with me and simply smiled and said yes, I understand that you do not want to get out of bed but my joy shall engulf your heart so take just a baby step and I shall meet you half way. Jesus is simply awesome.

So the next time you wake up and say: whoops it’s morning again; just remember that Jesus will hold your hand through the good, bad, ugly and really awful times in your life. He created the morning, for our enjoyment. We therefore only need to put all of our trust in him alone. He will bring perfection to the imperfections today. So please roll out of bed and get going because it is a beautiful morning again!








No comments:

Post a Comment